Here are some of the most common questions about ASGA Student Government Training Conferences.
1. Which conference is best for me?
- Let ASGA Help You Choose Which Conference Is Right for You
- Why Attend ASGA Conferences?
- Download the ASGA conferences brochure
- Download Conference Registration Tips
2. Do I have to be an ASGA member to come to the conferences?
No! Many non-member schools attend ASGA conferences. However, ASGA members do save $100 per person at this event. Annual Annual ASGA dues are just $397 for schools under 4,000 full-time students, $597 for schools with 4,001 to 10,000 students, $897 for schools with 10,001 to 20,000 students, and only $1,097 annually for schools with over 20,000 full-time students. If you’re bringing a group of four or more students, it always makes sense to join ASGA and get the $100 per person discount! Plus, ASGA membership can help your SG all year! See Join ASGA.
3. Will we have time to sightsee?
Yes! At our Saturday conferences, you could arrive early and have all day Friday to sightsee. Or you could sightsee on Sunday after the conference concludes.
In DC, if you arrive early on Thursday, you’ll have the whole day to sightsee. Also, Friday afternoon is free after 2:30 and you’re also free after 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday!
4. Are any meals included?
At the ASGA National Student Government Summit, your registration fee includes:
1. Two free lunches (a Friday hot sit-down lunch and a Saturday boxed lunch)
2. Three free light continental breakfasts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings
3. Free coffee/tea breaks on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings
4. Free reception Thursday night (popcorn and punch)
5. Free ASGA Loves Advisors reception on Thursday (open bar and hot food)
At the Saturday conferences, your registration fee includes:
1. Free lunch (a Saturday boxed lunch with choice of sandwiches, plus fruit, chips, cookie, and choice of drinks)
2. Free light continental breakfast on Saturday morning (coffee, tea, juice and selection of muffins, bagels, and fruit)
Some of the Saturday conferences also have an afternoon snack break.
5. What type of schools attend?
All types and sizes of schools come to ASGA’s 10 conferences. There usually are a few more private colleges and universities than public universities and community colleges. But that’s only because there are more private colleges across the nation than any other type of institution!
6. Can I change the names of our registrants if someone can’t make it?
Yes! You can change the names anytime before the conference starts.
7. Can you help me get a roommate at the conference hotel?
Yes! If you are looking for a roommate, write firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, gender, e-mail, arrival and departure date, and any special requests.
8. If I’m by myself, will I “fit in?”
Yes! You’ll easily connect with other student leaders or advisors. ASGA’s popular “connector cards” help you break the ice and get ideas and exchange information from other students and advisors. You’ll get to meet them during workshops, breaks, at lunch, sightseeing, and at the hotel. You won’t be lonely!
9. How should I dress?
Business casual is the recommended attire at the Saturday conferences
At the Advisors Conference, please dress comfortably and casually.
At the National Student Government Summit, here is the recommended attire for each day of the conference:
• Thursday — Business/Formal
• Friday — Business casual
• Saturday — ASGA T-shirts & jeans
• Sunday — College/University shirts & jeans
Have other questions about ASGA conferences? Please call toll-free 1-877-275-2742 or write email@example.com.